04 February, 2011

of snow, more snow, frozen ponds, and cold

This moring I woke up upon beautiful snow all over the hill country. I took about a million photos, too.
Here's Kirsten making a snowman! Yes, now the snow is melting, but my brother and I are going to have a snowball fight soon. ;-)
We went up to the huge, long, steep hill near our house with our skim board (skim board = a wooden boogie board, about the size of a doll surf board only wider, that you use at the beach) and then we had at least an hours' worth of fun total sledding down the hill. My dad was driving to his work this morning just before daylight when, on the snowed-over, icy roads, he all of a sudden slid, skidded, and nearly busted our truck into a telephone pole! His truck also did a one hundred and eighty degree turn-around, which obviously means spinning completely all the way around. It was scary, but he made it, thankfully.
Then he, my brother and I went to the pond near out house. It's fed by a natural spring underneath, but it froze - it was a skating pond! My brother whooped and screamed that he was going to go skating or something like that, and he started to get on the ice, but my dad said that our Goldren Retriever, Sunny, should test it first. Sunny ran across the pond and the ice immediately cracked! Poor Sunny was frozen, but he dried off mostly in just an hour or so, and then he ran out with my brother and I as we took in all the snowy fun. We got about 1 1/2 - 2".
I'm so excited that it snowed here!! It was such a miracle. The next time it will snow is probably when I am about thirty, LOL!
I've had such a fun day, more than words can describe, and I will enjoy it even more now because I've discovered really just how amazing God is when He gives us even small blessings such as snow! You northerners, please don't take your snow for granted. It hardly ever snows where I live, in the Texas Hill Country. ;-)
That's all for now!
I'll see you later,
-Hannah-

6 comments:

  1. Well, I DO take snow for granted, but... I sometimes DO wish that we had warmer weather! D:

    ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! There's a lot of snow here where I live. I've had three snow days so far because of all the snow! And just to let you know a 360° turn is a full turn, not 180°. 180° is turning to face the opposite way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miranda - Yes, I know how that can be. Or, my mom does, since she lived in Minessota as a kid. ;-)

    MA AG Lover - OK, thanks for the tip! I was so excited about the snow that I didn't think about it...my mom was just telling me that he did a one hundred and eighty degree angle, and I was busy online and posting about the snow and was like "Oh man, I'll have to post about that," and later she told me that he turned all the way around. So I guess my dad and mom meant something different...sorry! ;-) But thanks for the tip, too.

    Thanks for the comments, girls!

    ~Hannah, blog author

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hannah! I just saw that you started following my blog. Thank you!
    I love snow so much. I think it's one of the most beautiful things that God created. It glitters and floats down from the sky, and it's just so fun to play in. :)
    God bless and have a good night.
    - Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your dad is okay Hannah! :) Kirsten is so cute! I live in the south too, we don't get much snow either.
    Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaw, thanks SO much for your sweet comments, readers! You're welcome, Elise, and I really appreciate all of your feedback! Keep it up! :-) ;-)

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥