18 July, 2011

Part One -- According to the poll (already)...

...You want to redecorate your bedroom but probably have no idea where to start.

You're not very fond of your pink drapes and you'd like a bedspread that doesn't make your cat's black hair show up so well. (Cat: "I CAN'T HELP IT!") Okay, okay.  Then I'm supposing you'd like a different desk and a shelf to put your collection of something on, and a different paint color for the walls.

But that's all too expensive.  Right? New drapes and a bedspread are pricey. A different desk? Um... Maybe someday pretty soon. A shelf for your rock collection collection of something isn't too pricey... If you get it on sale... In fact, paint is the only (rather) cheap thing.

Really, it's not that bad (^).  But you don't want to buy drapes, a something-other-than-white bedspread, a desk, a rock collection shelf and a shelf all new.

"So what do I do?" you ask.

Here's whatcha can do.

Part One -- All about furniture.
---
1. go garage sale diving. You can get some nice furniture and such at garage sales -- just make sure to carefully check over fabric items to make sure they don't have bugs or anything in them. (Seriously.) And paint something (unless it's fabric!) if you don't like it.

2. go basement // attic diving. If you have any old furniture in your attic/basement/both, it's possible you could fix it up/paint it up.

3. go dumpster diving. NOT. (Unless you want to embarrass your family to the point of choking.)

Go out and buy a few things on sale (or new) if you must. But seriously, go out on Saturday and Sunday morning and bargain at garage sales. You'd be surprised at what you can find at them garage sales.

---

This was the lamest redecoration post in the history of Blogger. But please don't despair, lovelies. I'll have Part Two up soon.

-love,
Hannah

ps. Sorry this post was early (according to the poll). Just couldn't help posting this. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I bought a two dollar stool from my BFF at her garage sale and I re-upholstered it, sanded off the ugly white fleck paint and circus blue paint(with my dad's help, of course!) and then I painted it white. It turned out quite lovely, actually, and when my BFF came over one day, she was shocked! So, my room looks a little better, and my desk looks better with a pretty stool beneath it, too!

    I think your post about bedroom redecorating was really cool! It's ironic because just a few weeks ago, I fixed up my stool(because you mentioned repainting old furniture), AND asked my dad to hang up my new curtain rod(because my other one broke, and I wanted my drapes out of the corner of my room on the floor)

    ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥