10 May, 2012

untitled

I'm pretty sure that most of us like photography. But yesterday I started to think about how before I started blogging, photography didn't even matter to me.

P1000658

Before I go on, I'd like to say that if photography is your passion, then go for it! But what doesn't make sense to me is how when most of us started blogging, that's when we started to enjoy photography. I don't think too many of us actually loved taking pictures before we began our blogs. I know I didn't - the only reason I began to use my dad's point-and-shoot was because I wanted to take pictures like other bloggers did.

P1000643

What do you think?

Also, all the pictures in this post are soocs, so I realize that they aren't the best ever. ;)

7 comments:

  1. Well, I started a blog just for photography, so I can't say I'm in the same boat as you, but I definitely see that happening. I think it's great if you develop an interest through photography as long as you're not just doing it to be like other bloggers.
    I really like the top photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I did that. I liked it, but I didn't love it til I started my blog. Even then, it did take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not quite the same at all, I'd say. It all started with photostories. I saw some and decided to make a Picasa. I didn't care about photo quality, I just cared about writing the stories and having pictures to go along. Then I picked up my mom's camera, and the world changed. I started taking pictures of anything, and then got my own camera. I started my blog while I was still using my mom's camera, and now use my own. :]

    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody started out their photography journey differently, and I didn't mean to imply that everybody didn't like taking pictures till they started blogging. Sorry if it seems like I did!

      Delete
  4. Hey Hannah! :)
    I found your blog through Formspring... thanks for following me on there. :) I really like your blog, and I am enjoying reading it. I am following now; I would love it if you would follow me back! :)

    Lovely pictures, by the way. :) And yes, I agree, somewhat. I've always been into photography, but since I started blogging, I've definitely started taking more pictures, and learning new techniques. :) Now I am saving up for a DSLR. ;)

    xo,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I agree that bloggers seem to develop their love of photography through their blogs. This is great, although sometimes I feel like some of the bloggers whose blogs I read are only doing photography to be like other bloggers... :\

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently just started loving photography! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥