22 November, 2011

when I grow up.

...i want to be a dance teacher, I said when asked at about the age of five or six. I had been taking dance lessons since I was four, and what could be better than teaching what I loved? I would make up my own dance moves and make all my students wear big fluffy tutus. Life would be good for them and it'd be good for me.


--

..i want to be a 'scientest who studies the ocean,' I said sometime before or after I wanted to be a dance teacher. So what if I was copying my brother? I imagined myself having an office right on the beach, a wooden cabin painted white. I would find seashells down at the shore, return to my cabin and study them. And sometimes I would go scuba diving. Little did I know this is not how it works.

Later on I also wanted to be just a plain scientest. I had no idea what scientests actually do, but I guess I thought it would be fun (don't ask me why, I have no idea).

found via google

--

..i want to be a writer, was my thought by the time I was seven or eight. I wrote little poems sometimes, I wrote in my journal (aka a tiny, twenty-page notebook that I was very proud of), and I wrote..hmm, probably fifty stories on our computer. I thought (I thought I knew) they were the best stories in the world. I once wrote a story when I was about five about a girl named Katy with a 'pesky little sister' (at that time I particularly wanted a little sister, not a big one). It was a page long. It turned into a 'series' of page-long stories and that's when I decided to become a writer...Or that I wanted to become a writer.



for some reason I did not like the 'once-upon-a-time' stereotype, and never had. too common. old news. but I thought this picture was neat so I took it.
image also via google.

--

..i have wanted to be a writer ever since then. :) I would enjoy singing and writing songs, of course...Anything with words? I WILL gladly accept it. Wherever He takes me, though, I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

After all, He knows what is best for me. ;)

--

what did you want to be when you grew up as a little girl? what do you want to be now?

much love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥