07 April, 2011

Yesterday...

...a well-expected package came in the mail.

It was huge, but not heavy; lovely, but not really a huge deal.

Can you guess what it is?

It was...
(Sorry for the messy table and house in the background. And this is not the best photo; I certainly could have made it more presentable, couldn't have I? Sorry!)

YES! It was my violin. Well, you probably have no idea what I am talking about, right? ;)

Almost four weeks ago, my mom ordered a violin off of I-can't-remember-what.com. (Amazon or something? I don't know.) She got it for a pretty good deal. ;D It was normally pretty expensive for just a violin, and while it's a beginner's one, it was gorgeous when I opened the case and looked at it.

 Ever since I was little, I'd been wanting to play the violin, and seeing lots of other girls online just made me want to play it more! ;) So that's why I was really excited when it was ordered - and especially when it was mine. 

*I seriously don't mean to be bragging about this if it appears that I am in any way. I had been wanting a violin for a VERY LONG time. So it's a treasure to me, and I am very, very grateful for it.*

So - can any of you tell just how excited I am? ;) I really am. Right now I'm sitting at the foot of my [quite messy] bed and looking at it. It's probably about three feet tall; just a guess, since I can't see it all that well. ;)

I'll try to post when I start taking lessons. Maybe yes, maybe no. ;) Just kidding.

Sorry if this post was really boring and/or a little long. Next time I'll try to make a really interesting one.

With love,

Hannah

PS. Like the new design? I decided not to wait until summer to give my blog a makeover, just because I thought a spring design would be nice.

PPS. Comments here have been slow lately, so I would really appreciate some:) Also, don't worry -  today or tomorrow I'm drawing the giveaway winner!

3 comments:

  1. I used to have a starter violin,and it looked just like that! The same case and everything! But,it was when I was really little,and it broke:,(. Ironic!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love the violin more than anything {except math} and you will love it! If you take lessons, I would recommend Suzuki. I take that and I'm in book 2. I have a very funny teacher and Suzuki is just plain fun. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it would be 3 feet tall, then it would be longer than your arm. Guitars are usually ALMOST three feet tall.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥