28 April, 2011

miscellany & a "surprise"

First of all, I'd like to say Happy ( belated... ) Easter. It was four days ago, and yet I didn't post. I'm sorry for not posting lately... I had a bad case of Blogger's Block. Everyone gets it. No one doesn't. So please don't blame me.

Anyway, I'll get back to all the miscellany I would enjoy informing you of, as long as you don't mind.

One thing is that I've been doing a lot of blog designing lately. For this summer, I think my blog design is going to be the color of an entire watermelon. For the main color scheme, it's going to be a soft pink color or a watermelon-red(ish) color. You know what I mean (?). And then the rest of the text/sidebar colors will be a mix of light green and grey/black (grey/black for the text and green for the other hullabaloo).

^Sorry for talking so much about my blog design!

Anyway. The main purpose of this post (or the main purpose for most of this post) was me showing you some of who views my blog, where they view it from, and how many times they view it. It's really interesting.


Here's a screenshot of how many people have visited my blog today. By the end of the day I probably will have had about one hundred viewers total on my blog.
Obviously, I can very simply read these charts by looking at either the map on top of the countries and numbers, or, in an easier way, I can just read the bottom. For example, I read, "United States" and then the number of how many people from the US viewed my blog is to the far right. I have people from many countries around the world visiting.
Here's how many people from different countries have viewed my blog this week. Adding up all of the numbers in the right column, you get one hundred fifty. That ( obviously ) means that precisely one hundred fifty people have visited my blog this week, and there are still many more visiting at this moment.
Here's how many people have viewed my blog this month. Eight hundred eleven people total have viewed my blog this month and, of course, there are still to be many more views.
 This is how many people have viewd my blog "all time," as Blogger calls it when you click on "Stats," then "Audience," and then, of course, "all time." The countries I'm getting views from constantly change here, of course, as many countries 'come and go.'

( Sorry it's so small! ) And here are the pageviews I receive from operating systems. I received 4,777 pageviews from Windows, 364 pageviews from iPods, 186 pageviews from Macintoshes, 27 pageviews from Other Unix, 4 pageviews from Blackberries, 3 pageviews from Linux, 3 pageviews from iPads, 3 pageviews from iPhones, 1 pageview from a Nintendo Wii, and 1 pageview from a Windows NT.6.1.

All you have to do to check your stats is simply go to your Blogger dashboard and click on "Stats" on the blog that you want to check the stats on. Then browse all around on Stats. Reading the charts and graphs are a little difficult at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

So, that about wraps it up! :) If you have any queries, just ask them in a comment and I'll answer them. I REALLY appreciate comments of any kind. :)

Thanks for reading! ( This post was long... )

In Christ,

Hannah

ps. I'm sorry my blog looks so horrible and aligned the wrong way. I had trouble moving the sidebar to the left, messing with the HTML. That just happens... Anyway, hopefully I will get it fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is random, but is the cat on your sidebar a Himalayan? She looks just like my Himi, Hayli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one questionabout my whole blog. This might sound dumb but how do you get the blog posts and side bar to take up the whole screen? Mine won't do that and I don't know how. So I'm wondering how to do that and what is the name of our html/css book?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥