24 June, 2011

opaw and photos of lanie

First of all, I apologize for not doing OPAW (I decided to call it One Photo a Week - thanks, Priya, the one who suggested the name! =) ) lately, and promise that I will do everything in my power to do it once a week.

So now, I'm going to show you my photo for this week, before I forget. Even though I'm a little late . . .

i'm quite proud of the focus here. even though blogger affected the quality horribly. *sigh*


I took this photo a few nights ago, when my brother Eric, Dad and I were outside. Dad was playing basketball, I was photographing (with Lanie as my model), and Eric was zooming by on his bike. Then I saw the beautiful sunset, and I knew that I had to get a photo of it. So I put Lanie's arm in it to add some pizazz. ;)

And just for fun, here's the same photo, only with the focus on the sky.


yes. again, horrible quality . . .  :(

But I think you get the idea. ;) It was a very pretty evening, and perfect for photographing. So I suppose I will add just a few more photos from that evening to this post.

 lanie was photographing herself in this photo. lanie, let go of the camera!
 horribly-quality (but still sweet) photo of lanie examining one of our solar lights, which she thought was a solar panel.
 lanie has a few tiny scuff marks on her, which you can't really notice unless you look hard. still, though, they are there. (the following photos of lanie sort of are...weird and creepy. so watch out!)



Sorry for the weird-ness and creepiness of the last three photos. I wanted to photograph the barely-visible scuff marks, but didn't really pay attention to the odd angles of all of the photos. :P

I guess that's about it for now, and I'm sorry for not posting about my dolls lately. I'll try to more often, I promise. :)

By the way, I really hate to say this, but Rachy (the second giveaway winner of the two handbags I gave away) has not emailed me, so I am going to have to announce another winner. I am very, very sorry, but it's the only fair thing I can do, and I'd rather do that than have no one win the second bag at all. So I will announce the winner tomorrow (unless I break my leg...or am someplace else).

I hope you all have a great Friday and weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow those are good! I have Lanie too! How do you keep her curls so preety and not frizzy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jerica!

    Well, I just spray them with a little water and brush them very, very gently with a hair pick (tried brushing them with a brush, but I didn't like the results, so I stuck with the pick!), and then curl them slowly and gently around my finger, or, if they are too straight, a curler. But I don't usually mess with her curls except if they do get frizzy, or if I need to spruce 'em up. :)

    Thanks for the comment!

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥