01 October, 2011

here comes the rain

9-30-11 429edited
Thursday, the twenty-ninth day of September, it rained.
9-30-11 418edited
We have not had a big storm like this one in a long time, so we were all very happy and grateful when we heard the sound of raindrops hitting the window!
9-30-11 516
this photo is not watermarked {or edited} , so please do not take it unless i say that you can. thanks.

It also hailed. Bits of ice were flying down from the sky and falling into the lawn and skidding across the front and back porch. They were the size of marbles.
9-30-11 441edited
The heavy rain formed a little lake in our backyard, full of mud and leaves.
9-30-11 417edited
^This photo is completely unedited, excluding the watermark, which means it is my very first natural b&w (black-and-white) photo! :)
9-30-11 4532
This shot was rather.. Difficult. :P I set the camera down, put it on self-timer, and...jumped on a pipe! I just love taking pictures of rain boots, though, so it was worth it. ;)
9-30-11 442edited
This was the only 'splashing-in-the-water' photo that actually turned out! Don't you love how the motion just sort of froze?
9-30-11 437edited
Sunny loved playing in the water. ;) He would come running up the driveway, and then.. SPLASH! He actually got pretty dirty.. Or at least his paws did. ;) I sure hope he doesn't end up sleeping in somebody's bed..

Now that it is the first of October, it is starting to feel more and more like autumn and less like summer. There are several orange and yellow leaves over at our neighbors', and when I awoke this morning, it was quite chilly! I just can't wait until the weather actually cools and the leaves on our property change color. ;) 

Are you excited for the arrival of autumn? What is your favorite thing about it?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on that. ;) By the way, could you do me a favor and tell me how you like the new design?  I would really appreciate it. :]

Thank you!

~in Christ,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Your design is stunning , as usual! I love fall, it's here for us!

    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥