19 February, 2011

Peace & Light


Today, for some unknown reason, I felt like sharing just one photo and a few Bible verses with you. I looked up "peace" in the back of my Bible, to go with the above photo, owned by me, of the sunset, and this is what I found...

"Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." -2d Timothy 2: 22

From my 'perch' on my bed in my room and looking out the window, I see our back yard, our driveway, the woods, the neighbors' house, a beautiful, almost-white sky, smooth as silk...all bathed in rain. It looks so peaceful.

Lately I've been reading the Bible more and more, on my bed, listening to the rain falling and the birds' faint chirping outside my window, feeling so close to God as I do that. It really helps when you read His Word - because every hardship that comes my way, large or small, hard or mildly easy...God helps me through those hardships.

Here's something to take with you today...think about it. You are facing a hardship right now. Everyone is, even if the hardship is tiny. You could be going through a deep valley with your family or loved ones, or you could be stuck with a homework assignment.

Whatever kind of trial you have, ask God to help you, and He will. And think...if there wouldn't be hardships, or hard times in your life, where would the mountains/victories be? Would you be able to celebrate your victories if there were not any hardships for you to endure?

The last thing... "Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into this world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." -John 3: 18 - 21

Isn't it so beautiful?

2 comments:

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥