02 May, 2011

how to make your own blog button!

Have you ever wondered how so many bloggers get all of those "cool" blog buttons? Have you ever thought, "I'd like one of those!"? Have you ever wondered how to make one yourself?

This is my one-hundred-something post (maybe one hundred fifth post? I don't know...) and my first-ever tutorial.

So, here's how to make your OWN custom blog button!

1. Start out by creating your image. You can make it anywhere and in any way you want. Just make sure to make it no more than 200 pixels wide so it'll fit on the average sidebar. (You can always tinker with the size later if it's too large or too small afterwards!)

2. Save your image and then upload it to a photo hosting site, such as Photobucket

3. In another tab, log into your Blogger account and click on "Add a Gadget" on your sidebar, and
select "HTML/Javascript".

4. Copy the code below, and then paste it into the content box:



5. Once you have that code, go back to Photobucket (or wherever you are storing your button), copy the URL/direct link, and paste it into both places where your HTML code says "YOUR BUTTON LOCATION." Erase from the "http://" to the ".jpg" and stop erasing from there, and then paste in your direct link/URL where your image is being stored.

6. Replace the words "YOUR BUTTON LOCATION" with...well...your button location. ;)

7. You can adjust the size of the box below your button by adjusting the numbers 4 (rows) and 22 (columns). You don't neccesarily have to, but you can if you'd like. :)

8. Save the HTML code and you're done!

So, that's about it. If you'd like me to modify anything that I might have forgotten to add, don't hesitate to comment and let me know, and I'll try to add it!

If you're having a problem or have a question about this, as well, feel free to contact me in a comment. :)

I hope this helps you while making your very own blog button! And if you followed this tutorial and finished with success, congrats. ;)

2 comments:

  1. What if you don't have an account for a photo-hosting service? And does Picasa count as one? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Photobucket, but it doesn't matter. I think Picasa counts as one, though I'm not sure. You can still try it, though. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥