14 May, 2011

new book club! (book-lovers, please read!)

So, the title says it all. I just created a book/writing/book review club for anyone who wants to join. Period.

A few people have done this, and I've decided to put a 'twist' on it.

Here's what you may be wondering...

"How does it work? How can I enter?"

Once entered in this club, you can do a lot with books. First things first - you need to like to read, and you need to be able to use good grammar; you also need to be descriptive. I also will **NOT** allow you to participate in this book club if you use ANY improper language in your posts that take part in this club.

In this book club, you can

1. review books,
2. read a book and time yourself how long it takes from start to finish,
3. connect with others who are reading the same book as you are and review the book together,
4. list your favorite books and authors,

and much more! Sound good? Okay.

Here are the rules.

1. You have to be 7+ years old to be in the club. I know how to feels to be thrown out on behalf of my age; I've always been younger than my friends. I don't have one friend who is younger than me. One. All of my friends are older than me. And I don't mean to be nasty or to seem like I'm ignoring younger kids, but you must be over seven years of age to enter. And please be honest with your

2. As I mentioned before, you must be descriptive and must use good, acceptable grammar (like instead of putting, "I like you're sweater," as so many people do, put "I like your sweater"). I'd prefer it if you knew how to use 'big words'; at least a few basic ones, like "lackadaisical," for example. I don't mean to be mean or snobby, but I'd appreciate it if you used proper grammar and described a little.

3. While reviewing or doing any sort of a post that takes any part in this club, please link up to my site. I'd like credit for this.

4. This is important. For your membership, you must email me (just go to "contact" on my drop-down menu or on my page menu) and state your name,  age (if you can share it-- if not, just say that you're over seven, and please be honest), why you're entering (i.e. "I really love to read, and I have several books I'd love to review!"), your reading level (PLEASE BE HONEST WITH ME. I will not make fun of you if you tell me your true reading level and I won't share it with anyone!) (i.e. "medium") and that you have a parent's permission. << THIS IS IMPORTANT.

~ ~ ~ ~

So, that about wraps it up!

Here are some reminders (please read!!):

1. If you can't give away your email in a comment (if you can give it away, though, please do so in a comment!!), you can email me privately. Just find my email on my sidebar, email me with all the required information above, and send your email. **Please keep in mind I may not answer your message right away.**

2. You must read quite a lot to be in this book club. For example, I read at least two or three hours a day, and I'd appreciate it if you were accustomed to reading a lot.

3. When you email me, PLEASE give me your blog's URL (or, in other words, your blog address) so I may check over your profile and posts just to make sure that you are who you say you are. For example, my good friend Leanna (I think of her as my good friend, anyway!), I think, is who she says she is, and I doubt she isn't who she says she is. 

If you are, say, somebody I don't know that well at all (like someone just out of the blue emailing me), and if your blog has some improper language on it, I will not let you join my book club. I'm sorry, but I don't want anyone like that in my club.

***

Okay, so that about wraps it up! If you have any questions or want to enter, don't hesitate to leave a comment!

Once you send me an email, I'll explain to you what to do first, what you will be doing, etc.

Hope you have fun and please enter!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry,but i am already in a book club:,(.
    It is Hannah's from AG Fun.
    The joining date already ended,sorry:(.

    I think both of u ive in the same state!
    Which one do u live in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay! :)

    I live in Texas - The Texas hill country. I think she does, too, doesn't she? Strange. We're both named Hannah and live in the same state, perhaps not far from each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol!
    Maybe!
    U 2 should email!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah, I can't email anyone, but I'd LOVE to join! :D I can't give away my age or state, but I am in the Central time zone {same time zone as Chicago} and am in the age range of 8-14. Can I still join? Here's why I want to join:

    I LOVE to read and write. I read quite a lot, although I am quite busy. I love to be descriptive and to check over my grammar at least once. ;) I'd love to meet new friends who enjoy reading and writing as much as I do! :)

    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to join as well, but ahh, I just made a bookclub myself. :) Sorry! {I hope this doesn't sound rude...}

    ~Leanna

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥