02 May, 2011

our trip to the lake

On Saturday, my Dad, brother Eric, and I went to the lake.
The lake wasn't small. It was very large and very beautiful. The water ( even though it may not look like it in photos ) was a beautiful blue. In different lighting, it was aquamarine, which was just as lovely. And it was so calm. What I'm used to are choppy waves and wild winds whenever we go on the water. But it was absolutely perfect this time.

We saw a lot of sailboats, jet skis, wake boarders, skiers, plain old boaters and fisherman. There were a lot of people there.

This photo makes the lake look almost...ugly. There were actually sailboats out there, but unfortunately my camera couldn't capture them, and even when the boat wasn't running, I couldn't zoom in and get a photo of them because the rocking of the boat made my hand shake slightly, making the photo blurry.
-my brother eric tubing-
We went just for some time to relax, swim, tube, and water ski. (And to have an excuse to eat sweets. LOL, just kidding!)
My brother and I water-tubed a LOT. Water tubing ain't easy, especially when you're doing it for your first time. You have to put your entire body on the tube and lean back. You have to make sure the back of the tube doesn't go underwater, and you have the hold up the front and keep the back above water at the same time. It's tough, but worth it.
Every once in a while, when I wanted a turn tubing, my brother would signal Dad to stop the boat. Then he'd jump off the tube and swim back to the boat. Then I'd jump into the water, swim out the tube, get on the tube and signal for Dad to take off.

I was very cautious, and so I urged Dad not to go fast. When I finally was able to get on the tube, we were going extremely slow. Then I told Dad to "maybe just go a little faster". Then he went faster. A lot faster.
 This is probably the best photo I got of Eric tubing. It's still just okay, but I tried.
 ( Sorry that it's sideways...)
The largest tragedy was that my brother lost his extra pair of sunglasses. They flew off when he was on the tube and are now at the bottom of the lake...
 I actually took this photo while we were moving a bit fast, and am surprised it's not blurry.
To wrap up this post, we had a really great time. It was so much fun tubing and skiing and just plain swimming. I think if I could pick my favorite part of it, I'd have to say just swimming. Just cannonballing off the boat and having a lot of fun.

Now I really wish we could go back.

Anyway, that about wraps it up, I guess! We had an awesome time for the most part, except I was very worn out after that. I really enjoyed it, though, and it was an extremely enjoyable trip. :)

This has, in my opinion, been one of the best weekends ever. It started out with going on a small shopping trip on Saturday, and then we got to go to the lake. The next day, I managed to make my blog look a little better ( read my post below ), and then my mom got a new bed for my parents' room, which now is set up and looks very nice. It takes up a lot of the room, but we'll get used to it. ;)

In Christ,

Hannah

ps. If you read through this entire, extremely long post...thank you. Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥