23 May, 2011

one photo in one week - week 1 starts soon!

EDIT :: Now I am starting link-ups that have to do with this. Are you interested in linking up and participating? Go ahead and check out my new page all about this to find out all about this program and how you can participate!

Recently I've been thinking about having one of those things where you take a photo a day and then post it. Some people who take a photo a day for one year (most people...) call them "Project 365's" because, obviously, there are 365 days in a year and they're doing a project that is going to be going on for a year. :-)

I think it'd be a little hard to take a photo every day, probably edit it, and post it, for 365 days. If you miss a day, say Tuesday, you have to do two posts on Wednesday or three posts on Thursday, and so on.

That sounded a little tedious, and besides, it'd be strange to start doing that at the end of May. Most people I know who have started Project 365's have started in January (but please don't repeat this; I'm a beginner when it comes to all of these photo projects and stuff! ;-) ), and have snapped photos year round, of holidays, etc. It'd be fun to get a lot of snapshots of Easter, the 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas/Hanukkah, and all the other special days that are celebrated each year. :-)

Anyway, I was thinking of putting a 'twist' on it. Each week -- not day -- I take a photo and edit it later on, whether it's a touch-up and a watermark or just a watermark. Or maybe I won't edit it at all. Sometimes I think photos are too perfect to be edited. Every photo could use a touch-up, but sometimes (not always!) I feel that it's best to just leave a photo alone.

Then I'll post it sometime during the week, and perhaps (just perhaps. Maybe.) talk about how I edited it, or the story of how it was taken. It could be an older photo taken a month ago, or a photo I took just ten minutes ago. It all depends.

Do you like this idea? I think it'd be fun to do throughout the summer. There are a lot of photo opprotunities in every season, but especially in the summertime: there's vacation, and that alone is enough. :-) Last year in the summertime, I got some amazing shots.

So, I think that next week I might start doing this. I don't know how long this will go on for, but I think that it will be fun. Hopefully it will not turn into something that I'll dread doing and something I'll want to put off. ;-) Seriously.

I guess I'll see you guys (I doubt that guys read my blog...but who knows?) later! ;-)

-- Hannah

2 comments:

  1. That sounds fun! I might be tempted to do it, too! If you wanted, you could put a Linky on your blog and create a button for people to share. That would give your blog a little advertisement, and you would know who all was doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh!! I want to do it!! It's sounds awesome. You should so totally do it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥