17 May, 2011

new american girl historical characters!

Yes, that's right! The title says it all!

It appears as though, from what I saw on American Girl Fan and Doll Diaries, that American Girl will soon be releasing two (2) new American Girl historical characters.

One is named Cecile, and the other is named Marie-Grace.

Here is a photo.

**I do not own photo!**

Left - Cecile Rey --- Right - Marie-Grace Gardner

I hear that their books will be in "first person" (different points of view!), and that they will live in much different social classes.

I'm really excited for the new historicals to come out. Both of the new characters look very sweet and pretty, and I know they'll look even cuter as dolls. ;)

However, I had a thought that bothered me: as all of you American Girl fans out there know, Addy is the only African-American historical doll. This is just a thought I have, and I hope that I'm wrong, but what if American Girl is bringing out a new African-American doll just so they can retire Addy? Or what if they just retire Addy anyway? I'd be heartbroken if they retired Addy -- girls especially need to learn about the civil war era, and Addy is a really sweet character. As I said, I'd be very sad if they did that to Addy or to any other doll, for that matter, but it's up to them.

Anyway, what do you think of the new historical characters? Do you want to find out more about them? Go ahead! Click HERE to find more info at Doll Diaries, and HERE to find more info at American Girl Fan. (Thank you, everyone, for providing the info! It means a lot!)

What I think about them - ~ Personally I think that they are each very sweet characters, and I've always wanted an African-American American Girl doll (did I just use "American" twice? Huh.) and Cecile (whom I think is the African-American doll) seems like an interesting character, as does Marie-Grace. However, I don't really like the name Marie-Grace, and I'm not exactly crazy about the name Cecile, either, so if I got either one/both, I'd probably rename them.

I've been saving money for forever, and now if I keep saving until they come out (they're expected to appear in the summertime, I think, or otherwise next year (?) ) I might have enough money to buy both. However, I was saving for a camera, so I'll have to see which one I want more. ~

So, again, I'd love to hear your opinion on this! :) Are you excited about the two new characters? Do you want to buy one of them? I know I do. :)

In Christ.

Hannah

2 comments:

  1. I think they are lovely dolls! I am not setting my heart on them until I see them in doll form, though. I think I would much rather get Cecile and rename her, though, because she's so different from the rest of my dolls. If she has the Sonali mold I WILL GET HER. {Unless I want Rebecca more. ;)}

    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me it seems like Marie-Grace is just a blue-eyed Felicity. However I don't have Felicity and really love them both! :) So are they a best friends collection? (I don't know if you know but just asking)I will probably get both for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks so much for leaving me one! All I ask is that you keep them clean and respectful; so please no 'OMG's or use of the Lord's name in vain. Thanks :)

-Hannah♥